Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Importance of Service in Life

Service is very important as a life experience for a magnitude of reasons. One reason being that getting out there and serving your community is not something that everyone does. For example, some people go their whole life without doing any type of community service. The experience of serving others is one that is very rewarding and can be very fun. Most people just say that it is not for them and do not do it. But if they gave it a try I believe that they would see the enjoyment in serving those around them. It is definitely something that someone might not necessarily want to do, but when they finish serving it makes them an overall better person. I know for me on my first day I was a little nervous about my service but after the first 10 minutes I found I really liked it. Another reason why service is an important life experience is it is a good thing to see how other people interact. For example, while helping in a religious education class I got to see the teacher of the class use her own way to convey the days messages. Seeing that is a positive for me because I am usually the one being taught and just focused on listening to the teacher. But, being an assistant in the classroom I get to see the other side of things and how it is not easy to be a teacher.


Service is good for my human dignity because it makes me an all around better person and will also help me get others to do some type of volunteer work like myself. By completing all the service I get a better understanding of my life and how positive any kind if service is on someone. Dignity is important to the people I served because helping with teaching the kids their faith is something very good for them. If no one were there to teach them about what they believe in than they would go their whole life questioning what they believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment